United Grand Lodge Victoria's First 7 Lodges Established
The United Executive Committee held its final meeting at the Freemasons' hall, Collins Street, on July 31. Brother J. James presiding. The auditors' report showed a total expenditure amounting to £356 16 6d. The treasurer was authorised to claim this amount from the United Grand Lodge. It was resolved to present P.M. Brother K Edwards, jun., who had noted as hon. secretary to the committee, with a purse containing 85 sovereigns, in recognition of his services. A cordial vote of thanks was accorded to the chairman, Brother J. James, whose portrait, painted by Brother J C. Waite, will be presented to the Grand Lodge in September.
The Masonic Guide, 1889-90, under the patronage of the M W. Grand Master, will be issued early in September, in order to insure a complete record of the installations held in the winter months.
Since, the amalgamation (Jan 1989) of the Grand Bodies great activity has been displayed, especially amongst the country districts. Seven new warrants have been granted since March 22 last, viz., the Davies Lodge, the Heidelberg Lodge, the Boorook Lodge at Mortlake, the Emulation Lodge Box Hill, the Mortlake Lodge, the Murray Lodge, the Minerva Lodge, and the Dimboola Lodge.
1889 'FREEMASONRY.', The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957), 6 August, p. 9. , viewed 10 Feb 2020, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article6268491